"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The weekend has gone by

 Sunday, December 19, 2010

I have wanted to read the Bible all the way through for years and just haven't ever been disciplined enough to do so.  A week ago I began a 365 day devotional to read both the Old and New Testament.  I'm proud of myself, I have stayed on track.  Well in reading my devotional on Friday night, I got to thinking about what we would name "Gwen", should we pursue her adoption. (Now remember, my husband and I have still not discussed this little girl.) I wanted it to be a Bible related name and, as with all the names in our family, it had to be two syllables - Noel came to mind and I was at peace with it. (Make note of this because another sign will be revealed soon)
With "Gwen" on my mind Sunday evening I went back to the website I saw her on and sent an e-mail to the blog owner, asking if she had any further information on "Gwen".  Later that night, after not being able to sleep, I got up and hopped on the computer to find a response back from the blog owner, "A".  This is the message I received:


I'm so glad you asked about sweet Gwen! She is one of my favorites!!
Sadly, you are the first person to ask about her. When I asked a fellow advocate WHY she would still be waiting, I was told that there was a possibility of cancer with a diagnosis of multiple nevi like Gwen's. That just floored me! A *possibility*? There's a possibility I'll be hit by a bus tomorrow, too...but that doesn't mean I'm not going to walk outside anyway, kwim?? This person had heard this rumor "through the grapevine".
Gwen really needs a chance!! With your BTDT (for blog readers: been there done that) experience, maybe you can shed some light on Gwen's case. I thought I had her file, but I'm not finding it. I will see if one of my advocate friends has it!
In the meantime, her DOB is 9/26/08, and her initials are ZCG. G**** is her first name. I should be able to have it for you by tomorrow afternoon:) "A"
---------------------------------------------------------


Yay, a little more information. I thrive on it!  I responded to "A" with information on Nevus. She is thankful to know more.  I told her I was waiting on "Gwen's" file from an adoption agency and could maybe share more information with her so even if we aren't able to pursue her, we could both continue in advocating to find a family.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!