"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

He finally speaks to me

Friday, January 7, 2011

I didn't get a chance to mention to my mom over the holiday that I had found a little girl and had fallen head over heels for her.  So today, while we were chatting online, I brought the subject and told her not to be surprised if we adopt again but that I was waiting on Jason to receive the Calling as well. I think she was a little surprised but no too much. I don't think she gets too caught off guard by my anymore. She thinks I have a big heart. I suppose I do.


Jason and I ran to Lowe's this evening to order new, bigger and more efficient washer, dryer and refrigerator. The ones we have were in the house when we bought it and they aren't quite big enough for our family of 6 (hoping for 7).


On our way home from Lowe's, Jason finally broke the silence and said he had been praying a lot about this little girl and felt he/we were being called to adopt her. I wanted to do a little dance but seeing how I was driving, I just continued to listen.  He continued to say we'd need to discuss a few things, stated he wasn't sure he was ready to trudge forward just yet.  He brought up travel arrangements, stating he didn't think he'd be able to travel to China this time with all that has gone on at work and his new position.  Told him I understood and thought that might be the case that I’d talk with my mom and see if she would go with me. He thought that was a good idea. YAY, YAY, YAY


My prayers have been heard, oh thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!