"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Is she still on the list?

Thursday, December 30, 2010

We have returned home from our holiday trip and I wonder, has anyone else locked her file?  Hoping no one has.  It has been 10 days since I received her file from the agency, so I e-mail them stating we have not yet made a decision, is her file still available? I think their office is closed for the remainder of the year, so I may have to wait till Monday - ugh.

I look over some of the adoption agency's requirements for SN adoptions and see that they require a medical review of the file. That gives me something to do. In the evening before bed, I e-mail the international doctor we used to for Angel's file.  An hour later, I have an e-mail response from her!  I was thrilled.  There weren't any surprises. 

The doctor stated that Noel's growth is mildly delayed.  Angel was the same, as I believe most Asian children are, especially due to their background.  Angel shot up like a weed upon her arrival home with us and is now the average size of an American child.  I have no doubt Noel will likely do the same.  So this is not a concern.  She also stated that Noel likely has an iron deficiency, another common issue of children living in orphanages. The other information was in regards to her Nevus, info we already know about. Good news there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!