"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Accepted to the group!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I received an acceptance letter from the Yahoo group late in the afternoon, YAY!  Now I read through past messages to learn that there isn't much to learn.  I found out that her orphanage is about 3 hours away from the main city where the adoption process takes place and due to the distance, adoptive parents don't get to do an orphanage visit.  What a bummer, how are we (ok that's jumping the gun I guess) or anyone ever to tell her about the place she spent her first few years of life.  This may not be the ideal place but looking at her, she's not neglected. Someone cares for her.  I can't even find a picture of the orphanage. This saddens me.
I want to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!