"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Realities of adopting 2 two year olds....

Adopting two at the same time is tough.  Adopting two, two year old at the same time, even tougher. I will admit, this journey isn't easy. It has been tough. It has been tough on Tegan to go from having me to himself for 4 days to having to "compete" for time with me. Their young ages (which make them so dependant on us) and their unexpected developmental differences make it hard. Their being strangers to each other and differing dialects add to the situation. I have no doubt we will get through it all with time, patience and lots of prayers.

I post these realities so that others who are considering our same scenario keep these things in mind and are prepared for the possibility of a child being more developmentally behind than anticipated.  I tried not to anticipate anything as we approached union with the boys but that can be hard to do.  I will admit, I was not prepared for Corban to be so developmentally behind in his eating. That has been the toughest reality but at this point I am thankful that he is willingly eating 4 bottles of formula and rice cereal a day!!!!!

If anyone considering adopting two would like to "talk" please send me a private message.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!