"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Thursday, November 17, 2011

2011 Nov 18 Day 19 Home and Homeward bound

Tegan and daddy have arrived home!!! Sounds like overall Tegan did pretty well, didn't sleep much so hopefully he sleeps through the night and will have flip flopped his night/day on his own!  That would be fabulous. He took well to the kids, not so much the cats. Our dog comes home from the kennel tomorrow. I'm sure that will be a shocker to him too but he'll learn to love them by watching us.
In an hour, Corban and I will check out of the hotel, meet our guide in the lobby, head to the US Consulate to pick up Corban's passport with US Visa and head to the train station.  From there we will board the 4:56 train bound for Hong Kong. I am so ready to go home but also dreading the long flight, long layover and final flight home.  I pray Corban does not get over stimulated by all this, I'm not sure I can handle outbursts on the long flight, my nerves are pretty much shot.  Just being home will be a big weight off my shoulders.  I'm ready for a normal routine, (whatever that is with two new toddlers) on my own turf.

This will likely be my last update till we are home and settled. Thank you all for following our journey and praying us through it all.  This journey is far from over so you are welcome to continue to check in on us as we all adapt as a new family of 8. 

I have been blessed beyond measure. 

Chorus from my favorite praise band song at church: "Never once did we ever walk alone, never once did you leave us on our own, you are faithful, God you are faithful!!!!" This line brought me to tears the last Sunday at church before leaving for China, even now it brings me to tears because I know it is oh so true.

Another line that resonates from this song, "Never Once" and mirrors this past week and a half with Corban:

"Kneeling on this battle ground, seeing just how much you've done, knowing every victory, was your power in us. Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say, yes, our hearts can say" (leading into the chorus above)

1 comment:

  1. I think of you and your family's journey every time I hear "Never Once." Such a powerful song! Praying for you and Corban as you travel home and for the upcoming transitions for all of you. Looking forward to meeting those sweet boys of yours! God is so faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!