"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Saturday, April 16, 2016

The journey to China begins on Thursday!

Sorry for not keeping this blog updated, I'll just say, life with six kids, two exchanges student, preparing to travel half way around the world for two weeks, plus an internship to finish up my master's degree - keeps me on my toes.  Thankfully, things are calming down in time for our journey to China to meet and bring home our two new family members!!!!  I am excited, nervous, and doing my best to mentally prepare for this. Michiael (17), Logan (will turn 15 during the trip!), and Kailey (13), our kids who are traveling with me, are pretty excited as well!!!

Even though this is my third adoption journey, the feelings/worries have been the same as each of the prior. Am I packing everything I think we will need?  How will these new kiddos adjust?   Dreading the flights to and from China, praying I will be able to sleep some on the way there this time.  

Doing my best to remember Philippians 4:6-7 in the midst of all of this:

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

If you would like to pray for us:
  • ·         Pray for Esther and Xavier’s hearts that they will be prepared for this big change. 
  • ·         Pray for all our health and safety.
  • ·         Pray that we will be able to understand and meet their needs despite the language barrier.

I will do my best to post an update nearly daily.  I share our journey to inspire others to hear their own calling and to take the leap of faith.  I also share our journey so other adopting families see the how challenging, yet amazing this journey is.  From experience, I know for a time it will not be easy but to see these kiddos blossom is beyond amazing and so worth it!  We’ve been blessed time and time again!  So excited that we took another leap of faith to bring these kiddos home! 


Thank you for your continuing prayers and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!