"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Officially ours FOREVER!

Despite kinda late naps yesterday, Esther and Xavier were obviously ready for bed come 8:30 p.m.  Therefore, after quick baths and Skyping with the family back home, they were in bed shortly thereafter, without much fuss.  

The littles were up by about 5:30 this morning but I beat them and had my shower done by that time!  We had an hour till breakfast time so we got them dressed and gave them a box of milk to tide them over.

Yes, that is boxed, un-chilled milk.  But that's what they drink here.

He is not a big fan of fruit but he ate everything else.


Killing time till we had to leave for Adopting finalization!

MILESTONE: Yesterday, little man ran out of the hotel lobby doors.  We have learned quickly that he is a flight risk; therefore, I have been insistent with him every time since that he must hold my hand every time we leave the hotel room and until he can be contained again.  This morning, before leaving, he came to me and offered me his hand!!!!  I did a little cheer!

He did so much better on the bus than I thought he would.  Not sure what was going through his head, he sat still and just stared out the window.

I was rubbing his hand and he took my finger, heart melt!
I'll take whatever little bits of acceptance from him I can!

This is where Gotchas happened yesterday and where the finalization took place today.  
We walked out of here with their adoption certificates!

He was just a little mad here.

Chilling with big brother, Logan!

Chilling with mama while we wait.

On the way to the notary office, I again offered my hand and he began twisting the ring on my finger!

      
The stress and running around of adoption will wear you out. 
Xavier began to fall asleep in his seat so I pulled him into my lap to see what he would do.  So glad he snuggled up!!!  I'll take whatever cuddling I can get!

We returned to the hotel at about noon.  The native were hungry.  Made some noodle bowls for the littles.  They were still very tired so by 1pm they were down for naps.  We will chill at the hotel the rest of this evening.  Tomorrow morning we leave the hotel at 8am to drive to Xavier's orphanage city to apply for his passport.  It is a 2.5-3 hour drive.  We will spend more time in the car than in his city.  We may be able to do an orphanage visit while there.

Since Esther already has her passport, we did not have to go to her city this afternoon.  We are trying to decide if she will be ready to do a visit on Thursday or Friday.  Guess we will see how we feel after tomorrow's long day.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing day. One was over the moon! I can't imagine how very full your heart and hands are!

    ReplyDelete

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!