Yesterday began with much excitement, I was told by our social worker that our home study was complete and ready to be finalized. I was very excited we were going to have the final copy in hand today and be able to send it off with the I-800A to begin then next step in our adoption process.
And now, the process has been put on hold. I received a call yesterday at noon from our adoption agency. They received an e-mail from, the CCAA (China Center of Adoption Affairs), that contained only three sentences, something like the following:
We regret to inform you that the orphanage of ZCH (Noel’s Chinese name) has pulled from adoption. We are sorry to the family who was pursuing her. The family will need to find another child, if they wish to pursue adoption.
My first question was why and the agency has no answers because all they received was the above. They plan to find out more details and advocate for us, and I know they will. We will probably not know more for a week or more.
My ultimate prayer is that Noel is not seriously sick/ill and that is why they have removed her from adoption. If it’s anything other than that, I pray that the agency is able to advocate for us. I pray you will pray these same things for her. I know that whatever God’s will is, will be – though I’m struggling with it.
Hopefully, I will have some answers in the next week or so.
My heart is heavy with this loss.