"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Thursday, October 30, 2014

God knew what he was doing! PTL!

3 years ago, I was on a plane bound for Detroit to meet up with my mom and aunt for another life changing journey to China.  Little did I know that the experiences of that journey would bring me to my knees, questioning my (as well as our family's) ability to hand the challenges God set before us.  The year following the adoption of our two boys was probably one of the most challenging years of my life, in so many ways, but was also the year in which I had the most spiritual reliance and growth.  Had we known of Corban's challenges before committing to him, I am not sure we would have pursued but I am thankful God knew what he was doing because that boy needed the love of a family to see his potential.  Corban is an amazing child!  To see where he was when I met him in China to where he is today (attending kindergarten at the age of 5 and nearly keeping up with his peers) is proof that love and attention are developmentally life changing.  Thank you Lord for the challenges you set before us, without them we would miss recognizing your presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!