"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." Author unknown

Friday, January 20, 2012

4 out of 6 drains - GONE

We removed Tegan's final drain and Corban's first drain last night.  Tegan did really well sitting still as I snipped the stitch on each of them to pull them out.  He really impressed me.  Now he did not like the feeling of the drain tubes being pulled out but I can't blame him.  I'm sure it has to be a weird feeling. Corban on the other hand, I knew, would no be thrilled about needing to sit still but we got it done.  I know both boys were glad to have their mesh helmets taken off this morning. I was glad to see them with them off too!  Corban still has the drains for his back expanders in and they will probably be in for the full 10 days as they were still full when he woke up this morning.  I confirmed with the nurse that this is normal.  She gave me some tips on what to do before pulling them on Sunday.  We will also be doing the first weekly expander fills on Sunday. I am not looking forward to that but we only have 8 weeks to fill them up so we've gotta get started.

Here are some happy boys with their drains and mesh helmets gone!



And Angel one week after revisions. Her eye is still a bit swollen, hoping that will go down soon.

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing those smiles through the pain!!! They are looking awesome. Your Angel is SO sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pictures of our Journey to bring Tegan and Corban home!